Some farmers in the fall will burn the stubble in their fields or the grass growing along the road in the ditches. It can help prepare the field for spring planting and also prevent snow buildup from blowing across the roads. Burning fields have a distinct smell, a very good smell, actually. My high school's senior class survey consistently listed "burning fields" as a favorite smell.
Driving along these fields one fall, my brother took a deep inhale and said "That smells so good. If they could make perfume out of burning fields for women, guys would be all over them. Also bacon perfume."
Someone should probably inform Bath and Body Works of this.
2 comments:
this was my post written right after yours. I hadn't read yours. haha. we think so alike sometimes. we should petition bath and body works together!
Have you ever wondered what magical things smell like? Like the feather of a phoenix, a leprechaun cough, or the belly button of a mermaid? Would it be unbearably sweet? Surprisingly nutty? It’s my humble opinion that Bath and Body Works should use their gobs of research money to discover smells that I would actually be interested in. I already know what a Cherry Blossom smells like or a Kitchen Lemon. Boring! I want to smell smells that go beyond my wildest imagination. I have to admit that they do have a couple of stranger scents including Dancing Waters or Moonlit Night, but I’m just gonna be honest. I’m pretty sure they didn’t do any research at all. They just made it up.
lol. we totally should! Although burning fields and bacon don't need a lot of research probably. The picture in my mind is more of dogs (instead of boys) chasing girls.
Post a Comment