Sunday, February 3, 2008

The snake and the mouse

We have a little mouse in the kitchen - quite a cute one, in fact. I've seen it three times, which is three times more than anyone else.
We also have a pet snake and we joked about letting loose the snake to catch the mouse, so it was rather humorous when Sarah Davis came into my room with a sheepish grin on her face asking if I had her snake, Mayzie. Of course I didn't, but we looked briefly and assumed she would show up before too long.
Yesterday evening we had a bunch of people over because it was Groundhog Day and I didn't want to tell everyone that we had both a snake and a mouse loose in our townhouse, so I kept in on the D-L for quite a while, but towards the end of the movie Sarah Wilcox went upstairs and noticed a coiled "plastic snake" on the stairs. She thought we set it there to guard the stairs and keep anyone from going upstairs, but then remembered that we had had a snake last year (Sarah Wilcox found Mayzie when she escaped last year too).

Aside from a few shudders and unpleasant expressions, Mayzie's reception went quite well. That snake doesn't know how lucky she is: we're setting traps for the mouse.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

haha. Karen, the last line is so fabulous. YOu have a lovely way of tying things up.