Saturday, March 1, 2008

Cardinal

This morning as I walked from my townhouse through the secret passage I heard a bird rapidly spewing "tew tew tew tew tew." I hadn't heard that in a while but it sounded like a cardinal. I scanned the trees for the flash of red, and was rewarded with a vision of a tiny red paint stroke in a naked tree across the parking lot. Would I have been able to see it if the tree had been lush and blooming?

I guess there's not much really exciting about this post. I was happy to see that the cardinals are returning. I am also, as always, glad that it is March. The turning of seasons has always been a fun time for me, and especially the beginnings of spring. It's also Shanna's birthday tomorrow. Sixteen years old. I'm so glad to know you.

No comments: