Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snow

Generally I like Weather, or at least I can enjoy it for a time, even if I don't like being out in it for long. Today it's started snowing and it blows right in your face. Part of the reason I like Weather is because you can't control it - it will do what it will, and my job is to respond (by the way, I am capitalizing Weather in the vein of C.S. Lewis in That Hideous Strength). My favorite part about the snow is letting the snowflakes land on my glove and then looking at them. I also appreciate the way the freshly fallen snow covers everything, although its stark whiteness doesn't last long in the suburbs. Last night I was looking at the swirling eddies of windblown snow against the wide street and wished I were a poet. They looked like wispy ghosts or like the foaming ocean water against the rocks on the shore.

Today a Rich Mullins song, "Hold Me, Jesus," played on my computer (it was on random). It was a welcome reminder of the assurance I have that God is in control and his plan is best. Yay Rich Mullins!

No comments: