Wednesday, January 23, 2008

paper explosion

My plan this afternoon was to go through old class notes, bank account statements, receipts, letters, etc., and either throw away or neatly categorized. I don't like having lots of things around, but I hate the thought of throwing something away that will be useful in the future (particularly for taxes or grad school). After three and a half hours, I am taking a break and creating this blog, the inspiration of my dear roommate, Natasha. Though it will probably not be as profound or interesting as some, perhaps it will provide insights into my life for friends and family.

This last week has been quite difficult. I've been in the process of considering my future and I worry that I won't use the gifts and opportunities that God has given me to their fullest potential. It's a heavy responsibility to have a life. I've been considering happiness and the difference between happiness and contentment, as well as what is most importance in life - a relationship with and obedience to God. Romans 8:28 says that God works all things for the good of those who love him. This "good" isn't necessarily happiness - it's being transformed into the image of God.
As I've been considering happiness and contentment I've also wondered about the connection between choices and trust. I can pray for wisdom and guidance, but I don't always have solid assurance that I'm making the right one. Trust is an uneasy adventure.

No comments: