Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wake up

I woke up three times this morning.
At six, Shanna's radio alarm went off. My eyes were heavy, and I couldn't keep them open for long, but the tree outside my window was radiant, showing off its yellow-green leaves and reflecting the blazing east, which was obscured by the turn of the house.

Later, at eight, my phone alarm went off. I woke up, contemplated my life, the sorry state of my messy room, and what I plan to do today. I dozed a little more.

I got up at 8:10, however. Because the dog, who wanted to be let out of the room, kept bounding up on my back then scooting around my head, sticking her nose right into my face. She dropped a tick on the bed, and I felt it tickling my arm. When I decided that the tickle wasn't imaginary, I got up, found it to be parasite, and ground it to death between a rock and a shelf.

Then I got up.

No comments: