When we come to Jesus, we are not promised instant change. It is not a Jesus pill. It is a relationship. Regeneration happens over a lifetime, though sometimes the changes are immediate. Trusting God does not mean that it will all work out the way you plan. Trusting God means that you know that all things work together for good, even when we cannot see the good at this time.
Fear not, for I have redeemed you. I have called you by name - you are mine.
When you pass through the waters I will be with you, and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you.
When you walk through fire you shall not be burned. And the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel,
Your savior.
Walking with God does not mean that we are always in the green pastures - he leads us through valleys, through the waters, through the fire. But he promises his presence and that will be enough for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment