I almost cried tonight.
I went to the dining hall with Natasha and Kathryn and made myself some supper. I went to the deli line and pulled out a tortilla wrap. I put lots of tasty and delectable items on it, rolled it up, and went over to the panini machine to squash and toast it. It was beautiful. It wasn't too big, which meant that I could roll it tightly. None of the stuffings came out.
None of the fillings came out because I've learned! Last week I watched the lady in front of me - how she rolled hers. I thought "oh, so that's how you get it from falling it all apart."
I carried it solemnly back to my table. After prayer, I bit into it. So delicious.
This is where the sorrow arose.
I am graduating in two weeks. I have only eight more meals left on my dining card. It took me four years to create the perfect wrap, and now I have to leave.
Let my panini failures be a lesson for my friends who retain the privilege of Anderson Commons! I would be glad to show you the ways of proper wrap making (if you don't already know) but time is running short!
No comments:
Post a Comment